Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's a Start

I love to read blogs.  I love to see pictures.  It's a fun way to catch up, learn new ideas, and relate to other families.  I've always thought to use facebook to post my pictures and tell our stories through status updates.  If we are "friends" on facebook, you know that I hardly write status updates anymore and I just never get around to posting pictures.  I do enjoy facebook and using it as a means of communication, but I'm ready to try something new.  With google+ and facebook, and any other social network that comes along, I'll never keep up.  A blog is just one place.

With all of that said, I'm terrible about starting something, being really excited about it and then not finishing.  Sometimes I lose interest, or run out of time, or just lose confidence.  So, who knows how long this will last. It could just be this one post!

 I'm starting this blog for several reasons.  I want to have a place to document in words and pictures what I don't want to forget.  I have such a fear of forgetting significant days in our family.  I also want this blog to encourage you, like your blogs have encouraged me.  And it's also for those family members and friends who want to just keep up with us.  So, when you read this blog, you will be getting one thing:  five Pattons with a side of crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Hurray, I'm your very first comment!!! So excited to see pictures!!! Love the blog title:) Davina

    ReplyDelete