Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving with just us

This was the first Thanksgiving where we stayed home and had dinner with just the 5 of us (we've done it in the past, but only eaten turkey sandwiches). I decided to brave the dinner and make it for the 5 of us. I thought if it ended up in the trash (which it didn't) no big deal. I injected our turkey with my Uncle's recipe for frying a turkey. We didn't fry it, just baked it, but it was still yummy.
We had such a nice relaxing family day and I would do it all over again.


Crushing up cornflakes (perfect job for Luke--making a mess)



Snapping green beans (perfect job for Laci--getting everything neat)



eating the cornflakes (perfect job for Aubrey--staying out of the way)


Our table. Laci and Luke helped set it last night and created the centerpiece (fall leaves and acorns). Those are not Aubrey's teeth, just pecans and Luke is not praying, but pouting because I asked him to smile. Yes, I did pull out my crystal. The kids loved it. Surprisingly, Laci broke hers while drinking her milk. Oh well! At least my crystal got used.


I was trying to capture a cute/posed kid picture.



Best buddies! It's been nice having Laci out of school this week. Luke misses having her around.


Trying to get a Christmas card picture. We'll try again.




A little post-dinner football. It didn't last long before we all had our post-dinner rest. Which is also when we discovered that our 4 year old, I mean 2 year old, climbs out of her bed. Yikes! That will be another post.

All in all it has been a great, quiet family day. I'm already eating leftovers--yum! I may even attempt some black Friday shopping. Jake doesn't think I'm serious. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment